Family Visitors

Tamsons Legal Services


If you intend to come to the UK as a family visitor, you will be required must to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:


  • a husband, wife, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin (the son or daughter of your uncle or aunt);

  • a father, mother, brother or sister of your husband, wife or civil partner;

  • the husband, wife or civil partner of your son or daughter;

  • your stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; and/or

  • a person who has lived with you as an unmarried couple for at least 2 of the 3 years before the day when you apply for entry clearance.

For an application to be successful, an applicant in this category must also be able to demonstrate that, during their visit, they do not intend to:


  • take up paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;

  • do a course of study;

  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;

  • carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or

  • receive private medical treatment.


At Tamsons Legal Services, we will advise you and your sponsor (the person you intend to visit) and help you put together all the necessary documents for submission at the British High Commission or Embassy to ensure your application is successful.