Family Visitors

Family Visa


If you are a visa national (that is nationals of countries other than the European Economic Area or Switzerland) intending to visit the United Kingdom for a limited period, you will need to apply for entry clearance also known as a visa from outside the UK before you travel. Applications are usually lodged at British High Commissions or Embassies in the applicant’s home country.

An applicant in this category will, amongst other things often needs to show that:

  • they are 18 or over;

  • they intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months and will leave the UK at the end of their visit;

  • They must also show that they have enough money to support and accommodate themselves and any dependants without working or help from public funds, or they and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends; and

  • That they can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.

At Tamsons Legal Services we advise on how to make a successful entry clearance application. We can help with the processing of visiting visa applications from any part of the world at very competitive fees.